Monday, November 17, 2014

Slow week...a little snow too!








Hey everyone,

I feel like nothing has happened this week. It has been so slow.
We got dropped by Francine...psh. I was so ticked. She ran into the elders that found her and told them all about what a GREAT lesson we had with her and that she was excited for our next appointment, then she canceled it, then went MIA, we FINALLY get in contact with her and she was like “yeah I've read your book and I don't want to do the lessons”. What the crap? I HATE THAT. She even SAID she felt the spirit and that she was so excited to learn more and we had her on date and this happens. EVERY  TIME. What the fetch. Annoying.  People’s dumb agency!

Then we have this less active we are teaching, Bro. Pyle. He calls us like 20 times a week sometimes haha.  He will tell us how much we are helping him and all that. Lately we have been way more straight up and bold with him. He doesn't like that very much and Sister LeBaron makes ME talk to him because she is convinced that I'M their missionary and just what they needed or whatever, which is cool, but at the same time it's not just my responsibility to teach him. Anyway.  So his goal is to come back to church so he can go through the temple.  I have been here for like 3 and a halfish months now and he has been to church like twice. He has some disabilities, and always makes excuses. Perhaps I'm not very compassionate, but the thing is I don't think there is an excuse and we pretty much…well I pretty much flat out told him I was done with his excuses. and so last night we were on the phone with him for like a half hour asking him why he didn't come to church and I told him if he doesn't keep his commitments we can't teach him because that is just how missionary work - works. Anyway he probably hates us...he'll get over it. SO frustrating. Sister LeBaron and I were like so irritated and I was like okay...contention drives the spirit away so we have to go.  hahaha, I didn't say that but we really did have to go because we were right in the middle of daily planning and were not even close to being done...well we hadn't even started yet so I was like we have to go. But oh man I just wanted to start yelling and screaming at him to just get his butt to church. Oh my flip. Geez. JUST GO TO FREAKING CHURCH!  Okay? AHH!!

So that got me to thinking. there are some people in our ward here that are in wheel chairs, one person has Cerebral Paley and can't even move or speak or do literally anything on her own. BUT SHE STILL comes to church EVERY week.  She even comes to the activities. So what is your excuse?  Life is hard for everyone. Everyone has their own cross to bear.  However, it doesn't mean that someone's life is harder than someone else’s.  I have issues that might seem easier to someone else, but for me it is the hardest thing ever! Or visa versa.  There is no excuse. I don't understand all that everyone is feeling. But that is why we have a savior. Nothing we go through will EVER be harder than what Jesus Christ went through. FOR YOU. We descended below all things, and overcame them, so we can too. Don’t make excuses, just try your best to keep the commandments.  We will still be judged, how I don't know, because thankfully I'm not (and none of you are) the judge. Leave that to the lord. Help others as best and you can, and help yourself the best you can to learn and grow all that the lord intends. Obviously we need his help, but we CAN do it. Don't make excuses, and don't justify. Just work hard and do the very very best you can!   Go to church.

We had Zone conference on Saturday. Elder and Sister Snow (from the seventy) came and spoke to us. We had to prepare a 5 minute talk so he could randomly pick one of us to give it and then critique us. Luckily I was not chosen, but I started preparing my talk the second we found out about it like 2 weeks ago. haha I was ready!! But he spoke about public speaking and improving our teaching. He was like what happens when the sacrament program falls through? Who speaks? The missionaries! Well guess what happened in my ward on Sunday. Coincidence? Geez.  So Sister LeBaron and I had to give a talk about revelation and stuff, it really wasn't that bad, but I was like you have got to be kidding me. OF COURSE that happened.  hahahah! 

There was a TON of good things from zone conference.  Sister Snow talked about gratitude and not having the "Ill be happy when..." attitude.  I am so guilty of that, not gonna lie. Just WANTING to be on a mission has been hard, but I'm trying to see what a blessing it truly is (because it REALLY IS!) to be on a mission. Some people don't get to serve one, whether because they chose not to, or they are restricted by something. Missions are flippen hard, but there really is SOOO much to learn and gain, things you won't ANYWHERE else.  For me, I was like well “I wish my life was going THIS way or THAT way” or “I could be doing THIS or THAT”, but noooo I'm here on a mission. Go figure.  But I know that it will be so worth it. Which reminds me, go read President Uchtdorfs talk called "forget me not".  He talks about "forget not to be happy now" and not waiting for the golden ticket. Go read it!   President Taylor talked about conversion and how we need to have a place for the Holy Ghost in our hearts.  How we build the kingdom of God one by one. I forgot my notes, I was going to share more with you but I forgot them...sorrries!

hehe then Sunday night we got to eat dinner with the Powers family. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. They are so fun! They just adopted a little girl, and she is just so funny and witty, you think she was a teenager, but she is like 5. Geez. Brother powers was trying to get her to open her mouth wide so he could squirt the spray Redie-whip stuff in her mouth and she was like ‘no it tastes bad”, and so he put some on her finger for her to try and she was like “no, no”. And he put the nozzle to her mouth and she was like “no that's enough”. hahahah I wish you could have seen it because it was so much funnier than it sounds, plus I'm a bad story teller.. anyway so Brother Powers is like okay well we will see if Sister Morgan can do it and show us that it isn't that bad so I was like “okay!” And then I was like “wait are you for real?”  And he was like “yes do it!”  So I did and everyone was like in shock or something.  They were like”that was the best!!” See missionaries are people too! hahahaha.I guess I got lots of brownie points with that family for doing that. I have done that before in my life but I don't get what the big deal was hahah. But it was a fun night with them.

Also, our Iranian friend is with some other missionaries. They have baptized tons of middle eastern folks...they are like the Iranian whisperers.. hahahaha  but they have some converts that can speak his language and all that so it will be good for him.

Now we have no one on date for baptism. Boo!

I think that is it for now. 
Miss you lots, love you dearly.
Adios.